How to Upload GIF On Social Media
The Internet has come a long way over the years, and social media played a bigger role than anyone else. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Whatsapp is what most of us do on the internet. Pondering over a news feed on Facebook and tweeting real-time are a part of daily life for many. A single click of a button can literally blow up the internet and a single share can go ‘trending’ and if you are a social media junkie like me you would know the power of a GIF.
Giphy Passes 100 Million Daily Users Who Send 1 Billion GIFs Each Day
Due to its wide support and portability and hilarious interactions, there is probably not a single day you haven’t come across one. GIFs are fun and amazingly addictive. So, how do you get hooked up??
Uploading and Using GIF on Facebook
Facebook doesn’t support uploading GIF files, but you can post them as:
- You have to upload a your animated file to a hosting site or use sites like Giphy or Imgur. Open it in a new window and copy the URL. (You will get a static image on Facebook instead of an animated one)
( If you are using Chrome right click on the GIF and select Copy Image URL and if you are using Firefox Copy Image location)
- Now go to Facebook. There, paste the link in the “What’s on your mind” box.
- Give the file time to load and after you see it, click post.
It’s That easy. Don’t get stoned before we tell you more on how to upload GIF on Twitter and Instagram.
Uploading and Using GIF on Twitter
Twitter is a lot friendlier compared to Facebook in the GIF business. In fact, twitter comes with its own custom option when tweeting, which is great for a fast update. But if you are sophisticated and an explorer like us stay tuned.
- To upload the GIF on twitter you have to download them first. We recommend using Giphy or Imgur. If you like one just click on the it, it will take you to a page with download option on the right.
- After downloading it, go to twitter and in the compose tweet box select image option.
- Select your file from the downloads and voila, insert them on Twitter!
- Your animated image will load just like an image and then tweet it away.
Uploading a GIF on Instagram
Instagram is platform solely built to share photos and sharing GIF doesn’t really pan out the way its meant to be. Uploading them on Instagram is possible using the same methods used on twitter. Upload one in Instagram using the same upload image option. The GIF will load, as usual, ask you to apply filters and you are done. The drawback is the original animated file will lose its animation.
One valid replacement would be to convert a GIF into a mp4 file and upload it as video but then it’s not the actual file anymore and loses the “loop”, but this is definitely something you can try.
Leave us a feedback to let us know any doubts you have.